Learning objective 1 – Evaluate the domestic water distribution system using plans and fixture rough-in sheets.
- Determine the location of fixtures.
- Identify the size of the pipe to be installed.
- Determine the route of the water supply piping.
- Determine the location the water heater, water softener, and hose bibbs.
Learning objective 2 – Install water service and a water distribution system.
- Install water service and rough-ins.
- Install proper water hammer protection.
- Install shower and tub valves.
- Install ice maker and washing machine boxes.
- Install puncture protection and in-wall supports.
Learning objective 3 – Test a water supply system.
- Perform an air test.
- Perform a hydrostatic test.
Performance task 1 (Learning objective 2) • Correctly size and install a water service line including backflow preventer.
Performance task 2 (Learning objective 2) • Locate a water meter.
Performance task 3 (Learning objective 1) • Develop a water supply piping material takeoff from a given set of plans.
Performance task 4 (Learning objective 1) Using instructor-provided plans and fixture rough-in sheets, determine the location of fixtures and the route of the water supply piping.
Performance task 5 (Learning objective 4) Test a water supply system.