Learning Objective 1 Describe how water is distributed in municipal, residential, and private water systems.
- Describe water sources.
- Explain water treatment processes.
- Describe water distribution systems.
Learning Objective 2 Identify the major components of a water distribution system and describe the function of each.
- Describe the purpose of backflow preventers.
- Identify the types of valves used in water distribution systems.
Learning Objective 3 Explain the relationships between the components of a water distribution system.
- Identify the major components of a building water system and describe how to determine proper placement.
- Explain the requirements for sizing main supply lines.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 3) 1. Sketch an isometric drawing of a simple water