Learning Objective 1 • Identify the requirements for and contents of commercial drawings.
- Explain the requirements for commercial drawings.
- List the contents of commercial plans and describe the purpose of each.
Learning Objective 2 • Read and interpret commercial drawings.
- Identify common views used in commercial drawings.
- Explain how to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Explain how to read and interpret structural drawings.
- Explain how to read and interpret shop drawings.
- Define building information modeling and describe its applications.
Learning Objective 3 • Explain the purpose of written specifications.
- Describe how specifications are written.
- Explain the format of specifications.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2) • Locate 10 items contained in a set of instructorchosen commercial drawings, including all of the following: – Wall height from finished floor – Entire wall elevation length – Wall composition – Wall-reinforcement size and spacing – Section view
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 3) • Locate the section of a set of specifications that shows the type of mortar to be used.