Learning Objective 1 Identify the types, uses, and properties of steel pipe.
- Describe the sources, applicable material standards, and storage and handling of steel pipe.
- Explain methods used to identify pipe threads.
- Describe the sizing and labeling of steel pipe.
- Describe the different types of fittings and valves used on steel pipe.
Learning Objective 2 Describe the different methods for measuring, cutting, and joining steel pipe.
- Explain the tools and methods used to measure and cut steel pipe.
- Describe the tools and methods used to thread steel pipe.
- Describe how to join threaded pipe.
- Describe how to join grooved pipe.
- Explain the tools and methods used to install corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) pipe.
Learning Objective 3 Describe the methods used to install and test steel pipe.
- Describe the hangers and fasteners used to support steel pipe.
- Explain how to support vertical and horizontal piping runs.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2) 1. Properly measure, cut, and join steel piping.