Learning Objective 1 Describe the causes and costs of jobsite accidents. a. Summarize unsafe work practices and their impacts.
Learning Objective 2 Identify methods for preventing accidents.
- Explain the purpose of various types of personal protective equipment in preventing accidents.
- Describe the role of hazard communication in preventing accidents.
- Identify methods used to establish work zone safety.
Learning Objective 3 Identify the safety precautions required when using hand and power tools.
- Describe the safety precautions associated with hand tools.
- Describe the safety precautions associated with power tools.
Learning Objective 4 Identify the safety precautions associated with various work areas.
- Describe the safety precautions associated with working in trenches.
- Describe the safety precautions associated with confined spaces.
- Identify the safety precautions associated with underground work.
- Demonstrate a lockout/tagout procedure.
- Describe jobsite safeguards and emergency response procedures.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2) Inspect and put on the following personal protective equipment:
- Body harness
- Hard hat
- Eye protection
- Safety shoes or boots
- Hearing protection
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 2) Demonstrate the proper use of ladders.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 3) Inspect power tools (corded and cordless) to ensure they are safe to use.
Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 3) Inspect hand tools to ensure they are safe to use.
Performance Task 5 (Learning Objective 4) Demonstrate/simulate the proper methods of lockout/tagout for energy sources