Learning Objective 1 • Describe the basic parts of a set of residential drawings and list the information found on each type of drawing.
- Identify keys and legends, as well as selected lines, architectural terms, abbreviations, and symbols on residential drawings.
- Explain how to use scales and dimensions in residential drawings.
- Explain how to interpret the various types of residential drawings.
Learning Objective 2 • Explain how to estimate material quantities from residential drawings.
- Explain how to use the rule-of-thumb method.
- Explain how to use estimating aids.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2) • From a plan, calculate the square footage of one elevation, including openings.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 2) • Estimate the amount of brick and mortar from that same elevation.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 2) • Estimate the size and number of lintel block for that same elevation.