Learning Objective 1 – Recognize the mathematical concepts used in masonry.
- Explain how to read a six-foot rule.
- Explain how to read other measuring devices.
- Explain how to read mason’s rules.
- Recognize modular increments.
- Describe how to determine areas and circumferences.
- Explain how to use the 3-4-5 ratio to square a corner.
Learning Objective 2 – Identify the basic parts of a set of drawings and list the information found on each type.
- Identify lines, symbols, and abbreviations used on drawings.
- Identify scales and dimensions used on drawings.
- Identify types of construction drawings.
Learning Objective 3 – Identify the purpose of specifications, standards, and codes used in the building industry and the sections that pertain to masonry.
- Explain the purpose of specifications, standards, and codes.
- Describe the purpose of inspections and testing.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1) • Use a mason’s rule to measure a space and verify its squareness.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 1) • Use a rule to measure fractional dimensions.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 2) • Locate information on construction drawings.