Learning Objective 1 Identify the types, uses, and properties of plastic pipe and fittings.
- Identify the types of plastic pipe and their uses.
- Describe the sizing and labeling of plastic pipe.
- Describe the different types of fittings used on plastic pipe.
- Identify storage and handling requirements for plastic pipe.
Learning Objective 2 Describe the different methods for joining plastic pipe.
- Describe how to measure and cut plastic pipe.
- Describe how to join PVC and CPVC pipe.
- Describe the installation procedures for PVC bell-and-spigot pipe. d. Describe the methods for joining PEX and PE tubing.
Learning Objective 3 Describe the different methods for joining plastic pipe.
- Describe the hangers and fasteners used to support pipe.
- Describe the protection of plastic pipes in concealed locations.
- Explain methods of pressure testing plastic pipe.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1) 1. Select correct types of materials for plastic piping systems.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 1) 2. Identify types of fittings and valves and their uses.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 2) 3. Select the appropriate personal protective equipment for working with plastic piping.
Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 2) 4. Properly measure, cut, and join plastic piping.
Performance Task 5 (Learning Objective 3) 5. Select the correct support and spacing for the application.