Learning Objective 1 Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrate mathematical operations using whole numbers.
- Demonstrate mathematical operations using fractions.
- Demonstrate mathematical operations using decimals.
- Demonstrate mathematical conversions.
- Describe the metric system.
- Demonstrate the use of squares and square roots.
Learning Objective 2 Explain how pipe is measured.
- Identify the parts of a fitting and related dimensions.
- Calculate pipe lengths.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2) 1. Measure pipe using the following methods:
- End to end
- End to center
- Center to center
- End to face
- Face to face
- Face to throat
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 2) 2. Determine end-to-end dimensions by calculating fitting allowances and makeup.