Learning Objective 1: Describe the types of drawings usually included in a set of plans and describe the information found on each type.
- Identify the different types of lines used on construction drawings.
- Identify selected architectural symbols commonly used to represent materials on plans.
- Identify selected electrical, mechanical, and plumbing symbols commonly used on plans.
- Identify selected abbreviations commonly used on plans.
- Describe the methods of dimensioning construction drawings.
- List the various types of construction drawings and describe each.
Learning Objective 2: State the purpose of written specifications.
- Describe how specifications are organized.
- Explain the importance of building codes in construction.
Learning Objective 3: Identify the methods of squaring a building.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1): Read and interpret foundation, floor, and other plan view drawings.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 1): Read and interpret elevation view drawings.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 1): Read and interpret section and detail drawings.
Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 1): Read and interpret schedules.
Performance Task 5 (Learning Objective 2): Read and interpret written specifications.
Performance Task 6 (Learning Objective 3): Establish 90-degree angles using the 3-4-5 rule.