Learning Objective 1 • List applications of reinforced concrete.
- Describe how forces are resisted in concrete through the use of reinforcing bars.
- List applications for reinforced structural concrete.
- Discuss how posttensioned concrete is created.
Learning Objective 2 • Describe the general requirements for working with reinforcing steel, including tools, equipment, and fabricating methods.
- List general safety precautions when working with reinforcing steel.
- Describe the general characteristics of reinforcing steel.
- cDiscuss how reinforcing steel is fabricated.
- Explain the purpose of bar supports.
- Explain how welded-wire fabric reinforcement is used to reinforce concrete.
Learning Objective 3 • Describe methods by which reinforcing bars may be bent and cut in the field.
- Describe how to cut rebar.
- Describe how to bend rebar.
Learning Objective 4 • Explain the methods for placing reinforcing steel.
- Discuss the proper method for tying and splicing reinforcing steel.
- Explain the proper procedure for placing reinforcing steel.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 3) • Use appropriate tools to cut and bend reinforcing bars.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 4) • Demonstrate five types of ties for reinforcing bars.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 4) • Demonstrate proper lap splicing of reinforcing bars using wire ties. Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 4) • Demonstrate the proper placement, spacing, tying, and support for reinforcing bars.