Learning Objective 1 • Identify the tools and components of cold-formed steel framing systems and their safe use.
- Identify the safety guidelines that should be followed when working with cold-formed steel.
- Identify steel framing materials.
- List the steel framing tools and fasteners.
- Explain how to perform a material takeoff for a steel frame project.
Learning Objective 2 • Identify the steps to lay out and install a steel stud wall.
- a.Describe the basic steel construction methods.
- b.Explain how to frame nonstructural steel walls.
- c. Explain how to frame structural steel walls.
Learning Objective 3 • Identify other steel framing applications.
- Explain how steel framing members are used in floor and roof construction.
- Explain how steel framing members are used in ceiling construction.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1) • Estimate the amount of materials to complete an instructor-specified steel framing project.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 2) • Lay out a steel stud wall with openings to include bracing and blocking.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 2) • Demonstrate the ability to build headers (backto-back, box, and L-header)