Learning Objective 1 Identify the types, uses, and properties of cast iron pipe.
- Describe the types of cast iron pipe and how they are sized and labeled.
- Identify cast iron fittings and their applications
Learning Objective 2 Describe the methods for measuring, cutting, and joining cast iron pipe.
- Explain the tools and methods used to measure and cut cast iron pipe.
- Describe how to join hub-and-spigot and no-hub pipe.
Learning Objective 3 Describe the methods for supporting, installing, and testing horizontal and vertical pipe runs.
- Describe how to support horizontal and vertical pipe runs.
- Explain how to install and test cast iron pipe.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1) 1. Select the correct materials for cast iron piping systems.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 1) 2. Identify fittings and their uses.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 2) 3. Select the appropriate personal protective equipment for cast iron piping.
Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 2) 4. Correctly measure, cut, and join cast iron pipe.
Performance Task 5 (Learning Objective 3) 5. Select the correct support and spacing for the application.