Learning objective 1 • Identify the basic types of valves.
- Identify straight through fl ow valves and how they function.
- Identify full fl ow valves and how they function.
- Identify throttled fl ow valves and how they function.
- Identify check valves and how they function.
Learning objective 2 • Select a valve for a specific application.
- Identify the pressure ratings for valves.
- Identify the materials used in valves.
- Identify valve sizing requirements.
Learning objective 3 • Install and service various types of valves.
- Service globe valves.
- Service gate valves.
- Service flushometers.
- Service float control and ball cocks.
- Service flush valves.
Performance task 1 (Learning objective 1) • Identify the basic types of valves and their parts.
Performance task 2 (Learning objective 2) • Identify the functions of valves and their applications.
Performance task 3 (Learning objective 3) • Service various valves.