MODULE 45202-09 – STEEL FRAMING
- Identify the components of a steel framing system.
- Identify and select the tools and fasteners used in a steel framing system.
- Identify applications for steel framing systems.
- Build back-to-back, box, and L-headers.
- Lay out and install a steel stud structural wall with openings to include bracing and blocking.
- Lay out and install a steel stud nonstructural wall with openings to include bracing and blocking.
- Interpret engineer drawings/shop installations.
- Follow shop drawings to build: • Windows/openings • Bottom track • Top track • Bypass clips • Deflection cups
- Integrate work of other trades: • Window • Water management • Stone/brick • Miscellaneous iron support