Learning Objective 1 – Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to:
Define low-slope roof systems and identify their basic components.
- Identify low-slope deck types.
- Identify common insulation and cover board types.
- Describe types of low-slope roof systems and membranes.
Learning Objective 2 – Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to:
Explain how low-slope roof systems are installed and how they function.
- Describe positive drainage and explain how tapered insulation is used to direct water.
- Identify methods used to attach low-slope roof systems.
- List methods for seaming a roof membrane.
- Explain the purpose of flashings and where they are needed.
This is a knowledge-based module. There are no Performance Tasks.