Learning Objective 1 – Describe components and features used in construction drawings and identify how the drawings are different.
- Summarize the purpose of the six basic construction drawing components.
- List and explain the significance of various drawing elements, such as lines of construction, symbols, and grid lines.
- Explain how dimensions relate to various drawing scales.
- Demonstrate how to use engineer’s and architect’s scales.
- Identify the six types of construction drawings.
Performance Task 1 – (Learning Objective 1) Using the residential floor plan and elevations supplied in the Appendix D:
- Locate the wall common to bedroom #3 and the garage.
- Determine the overall width of the home.
- Calculate the distance from the outside northwest corner of the house to the center of the window in bedroom #2.
- Determine the overhang of the eaves.
- Using an architect’s scale, determine the width of the garage.