Learning Objective 1 Identify and explain how to use various types of power drills and impact wrenches.
- Summarize basic power tool safety guidelines.
- Identify common power drills and bits and explain how to use them.
- Describe the difference between hammer drills and impact drivers.
- Identify pneumatic drills and impact wrenches and explain how to use them.
Learning Objective 2 Identify and explain how to use various types of power saws.
- Explain how to use a circular saw and identify different types of blades.
- Differentiate between jigsaws and reciprocating saws and explain how to use them.
- Explain how to use a portable band saw.
- Describe the difference between miter saws and cutoff saws.
- Explain how to use table saws and describe the types of jobs for which they are best suited.
Learning Objective 3 Describe the types of jobs best suited to grinders and oscillating multi-tools.
- Explain how to use various types of grinders.
- Identify grinder accessories and the jobs for which they are used.
- List the type of jobs that can be performed using an oscillating multi-tool.
Learning Objective 4 Identify and explain how to use miscellaneous power tools.
- Discuss the hazards of using power nailers.
- Describe jobs that can be performed with hydraulic jacks.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objectives 1 through 4) Safely and properly demonstrate the use of the following tools:
- Electric drill (corded or cordless)
- Hammer drill • Impact driver
- Circular saw • Jigsaw
- Reciprocating saw
- Portable band saw
- Miter or cutoff saw
- Table saw
- Portable or bench grinder
- Oscillating multi-tool
- Power nailer