Learning Objective 1
Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to: Identify and describe heavy equipment used in construction and mining.
- Identify and describe equipment used in excavating and grading construction sites.
- Identify and describe trenching equipment. c.Identify and describe heavy equipment used in mining.
Learning Objective 2
Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to: Describe the vehicle drive systems used in heavy equipment.
- Describe engines used in heavy equipment.
- Describe auxiliary systems, including fuel, exhaust, cooling, electrical, lubrication, and air filtration systems.
Learning Objective 3 – Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to: Explain hydraulic systems and their components.
- Explain hydraulic system fundamentals.
- Identify and describe the equipment and components used in hydraulic systems.
- Identify the various types of heavy equipment and explain their uses.
- Identify the basic parts of each type of equipment and explain the differences in models among the types of equipment.