Learning Objective 1 – Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to: Explain how to plan and lay out a site for grading.
- Explain the planning process for grading.
- Explain how to mark and set grade stakes.
Learning Objective 2 – Successful completion of this module prepares trainees to: Describe the equipment and methods used in making site measurements and establishing finish grades.
- Explain how to make horizontal and vertical measurements.
- Describe the electronic equipment and systems used in site measurement and grading.
- Explain how to establish and check finish grade.
- Identify types of stakes and markings on stakes.
- Check horizontal and vertical distances of cut and fill slope stakes.
- Check finish subgrade on a cross slope.