Learning Objective 1 Name common hand tools and state how to use them.
- Identify various hammers and demolition tools and explain how to use them.
- Describe chisels and punches and how they are used.
- Match screwdrivers to the appropriate hardware.
- Differentiate between non-adjustable, adjustable, and socket wrenches.
- Describe various types of pliers and explain how they are used.
Learning Objective 2 Identify common measurement and layout tools and describe how to use them.
- Explain how to use a variety of measuring tools.
- Define various types of levels and layout tools and indicate how they are used.
Learning Objective 3 Identify and describe other hand tools common to shops and job sites.
- Differentiate between various handsaws and their designated applications.
- Identify common clamp designs.
- Explain how different files and utility knives are used with various materials.
- Describe shovels and picks and the tasks for which each one is best suited
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objectives 1 through 3) Inspect and demonstrate the safe and proper use of the following hand tools:
- Demolition tools
- Chisels and punches
- Adjustable wrenches
- Non-adjustable wrenches
- Tape measures
- Utility knives