Learning Objective 1 • Identify the safety requirements when forming foundations and slabs.
- List safety rules pertaining to the use of hand tools when forming foundations and slabs.
- List safety rules pertaining to the use of power tools when forming foundations and slabs.
- Describe cement dermatitis and how it can be remedied.
Learning Objective 2 • Describe how to establish formwork locations and elevations.
- Describe how to use control points when establishing formwork locations and elevations.
- Explain how to use leveling instruments.
- Explain how to measure horizontal distances.
- Explain how to measure vertical distances.
Learning Objective 3 • Explain how to properly perform job-site layout.
- Describe how to establish building layout.
- Explain how to establish building lines with batter boards.
- Describe excavating and trenching processes.
- Explain how to lay out forms.
- Describe how to use templates.
Learning Objective 4 • Identify the various types of foundations and list appropriate uses for each.
- Identify the various types of deep-foundation elements.
- Identify the various types of shallow foundation elements.
Learning Objective 5 • Identify various types of foundation forms and their proper removal.
- Describe how to erect and strip job-built wood forms.
- Explain how to erect manufactured forms.
- Describe how to strip forms.
Learning Objective 6 • Describe how slabs-on-grade are formed and finished.
- List slab-on-grade construction considerations.
- Describe how to form and finish a commercial slab-on-grade.
- Discuss the use of screeds when finishing slabs-on-grade.
Learning Objective 7 • Identify methods to create curbs and pavement.
- a.Discuss the use of curbing forms.
- b.Identify paving equipment used for commercial slabs-on-grade.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 3) • Establish elevations.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 5) • Lay out and construct an instructor-selected foundation using an established grid line.
Performance Task 3 (Learning Objective 6) • Install templates, keyways, and embedments.
Performance Task 4 (Learning Objective 6) • Form and strip pier foundation forms and prepare for resetting at another location.