Learning Objective 1 – Identify the risks associated with working around electricity.
- Describe the effects of electrical shock, arc, and blast.
- Describe common power cord hazards.
- Describe the hazards of working near overhead lines.
- Explain how to minimize the risks associated with work around electricity.
Learning Objective 2 • Describe the lockout/tagout procedure for all energy sources associated with a device or process.
- Identify the steps in a typical lockout/tagout procedure.
- Identify situations under which emergency removal of a lockout may be required.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 2)
- Demonstrate how to properly use a lockout/ tagout device.