Learning Objective 1 – Identify the safety requirements for working in confined spaces.
- Define confined-space classifications.
- Explain the purpose of a confined-space entry permit.
- Describe the hazards associated with working in confined spaces.
- Identify the responsibilities and duties of each person on a confined-space entry team.
- Identify the safeguards required when working in a confined space.
Learning Objective 2 – Describe the safety requirements for excavations.
- Identify the safety hazards and safeguards associated with excavations.
- Identify the safeguards required when working in an excavation.
- Describe the procedures used in trench shoring, sloping, and shielding.
- Identify the sloping requirements for different soil types.
- Tasks Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 1) • Demonstrate how to fill out a confined-space entry permit.