MODULE 07206 – DRYWALL FINISHING AND PATCHING
1. Explain the different levels of finishingas defined in Recommended Specificationfor Levels of Gypsum Board Finish.
2. Identify the hand tools used in drywall finishing and demonstrate the ability to use these tools.
3. Identify the automatic tools used in drywall finishing and demonstrate the ability to use these tools.
4. Identify the materials used in drywall finishing and state the purpose and use of each type of material.
- Joint reinforcing tapes
- Trim materials
- Textures and coatings
5. Demonstrate the ability to properly finish drywall using hand tools and automatic tools.
6. Recognize various types of problems that occur in drywall finishes and identify the cause and correct method for solving each type of problem.
7. Demonstrate the ability to patch damaged drywall.