MODULE 07202 – JOB PLANNING AND COMPLETION
1. Describe the general procedure or steps involved by a painting contractor when estimating a job for the purpose of submitting a bid.
2. Describe the general procedure or steps involved to properly plan and complete a painting job once a contract for the job has been awarded.
3. Correctly interpret contractual documents to determine the painting contractor’s responsibilities.
- Schedules (finish, door, etc.)
- Scope of work
- Change orders 4. Develop a detailed schedule for accomplishing a selected job or task using labor hour data recorded on estimating forms and/or takeoff sheets.
5. Determine the quantities of paints and other materials needed to cover selected surfaces.
- From estimating forms and/or takeoff sheets
- By actual surface measurement and quantity calculations