Learning Objective 1 • Describe the safety hazards when working with exterior finish materials.
- a.Identify safety hazards that are present when working at elevations.
- b.Describe safety hazards when working with hand and power tools, equipment, and exterior finish materials.
Learning Objective 2 • Describe the various types and applications of exterior finish materials.
- a.Identify the types of wood siding.
- b.Identify vinyl and metal siding materials and components.
- c. List applications for fiber-cement siding.
- d.Discuss the types of veneer finishes.
- e.List specialty exterior finishes.
- f. Explain the purpose of flashing.
Learning Objective 3 • Explain how to install exterior finish materials.
- Describe surface preparation that must be performed prior to installing exterior finish materials.
- Discuss the types of furring and insulation that might be applied to exterior walls.
- Explain how to establish a straight reference line.
- Describe how to install wood siding.
- Describe how to install vinyl and metal siding.
- Describe how to install fiber-cement siding.
- Explain how to install cornices.
Learning Objective 4 • Describe the estimating procedure for exterior finish projects.
- Explain how to perform a takeoff on panel and board siding.
Performance Task 1 (Learning Objective 3) • Install three of the most common siding types in your area.
Performance Task 2 (Learning Objective 4) • Estimate the amount of lap or panel siding required for a structure.