MODULE 45102-07 – CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS AND METHODS
- Describe the composition and uses of the common types of residential building materials.
- Identify the major structural components of a residential building.
- Describe the composition and uses of the common types of commercial building materials.
- Describe common methods of residential and commercial construction.
- State the major steps in the construction of a frame residence.
- Explain common terms used in construction.
- Identify various types of suspended ceilings.
- Identify the various types of gypsum board and their applications.
- Describe types of firestopping systems. 10. Describe the construction of walls to meet code requirements for fire and sound ratings.