Learning Objective 1 Describe the construction industry.
- Define construction and summarize the current and future outlook for jobs.
- Identify some of construction’s more prominent contributions in history.
Learning Objective 2 Explain the benefits of a construction career.
- Recognize and describe how construction careers make a difference in the community.
- Describe the financial and professional benefits of pursuing a construction career.
Learning Objective 3 Describe the typical career path for craft professionals.
- Describe industry sectors and the progression path for construction careers.
- Identify different construction careers and the types of skills they require.
Learning Objective 4 Identify ways to pursue a career in the construction industry.
- Explain the benefits of career and technical education programs.
- Describe the advantages of craft training programs and their relationship with apprenticeships.
- Summarize the path to a construction career through community colleges and universities.
- This is a knowledge-based module. There are no Performance Tasks