Learning Objective 1: Identify the career and entrepreneurial opportunities within the carpentry trade.
- Identify the training opportunities within the carpentry trade.
Learning Objective 2: Identify the skills, responsibilities, and characteristics needed to be a successful carpenter.
- Identify the skills needed to be a successful carpenter.
- Identify the responsibilities of a successful carpenter.
- State the personal characteristics of a successful carpenter.
Learning Objective 3: Summarize how to be connected to the industry through an organization like SkillsUSA.
- Describe the program, curriculum, and SkillsUSA Championships.
- State the benefits from being a SkillsUSA member.
- List the seven goals of the SkillsUSA Program of Work.
Learning Objective 4: Explain the importance of safety in the construction industry, and describe the obligations of the contractor, subcontractors, and you to ensure a safe work environment.
a. Describe the OSHA Outreach Training Program.
b. Explain hazard recognition and define your role in it.
Performance Tasks •
This is a knowledge-based module; there are no Performance Tasks.